App crash on QMediaPlayer object creation

Hi!

I am trying to use QMediaPlayer in my app to play internet streams. The
reason I am not using the QML MediaPlayer component is because due to some
reason the MediaPlayer.play() halts the app for the time of initial
buffering. So I am wanting to use QMediaPlayer for playback but it seems as
soon as I try to create QMediaPlayer object, my app crashes. I am not sure
what debug symbols I should install to know whats causing the crash.

The crash is happening on both Xenial(desktop) and rc-proposed. I have
pushed the minimal QtCreator project source[1] to reproduce the crash.
mytype.cpp (line: 9) has the playStream() method that I am calling from
Main.qml (line: 34), the crash is happening at line mytype.cpp (line: 12).

[1] lp:~om26er/+junk/qmedia_player_crash

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Follow ups