Re: Miezu MX4 Bricked after changing to devel-proposed channel and updating

On 01/04/2559 11:14, Artur Frącek wrote:
I switched my Miezu MX4 to the devel-proposed channel and updated the phone and it never booted up after that. It's in a reboot loop, and doesn't show up as a device in adb at any point. I followed the guide from developer.ubuntu.com <http://developer.ubuntu.com> (https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/installing-ubuntu-for-devices/) and didn't get any errors so I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if there is a critical issue with the latest image.
There's a critical bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551150) that makes devel-proposed failed to boot.
I would be very grateful if someone more knowledgeable would take a look at it and tell me if there is a way to recover from it or if I rendered my phone completely useless.
I recommend you to reflash your phone to stable or rc-proposed using instruction you linked above in recovery mode. But, as I don't have Meizu MX4, I don't know if it's recovery image have ADB enabled or not. If it doesn't (and it likely doesn't), then you'll have to find recovery image that have it enabled. I don't know where is it, but I've heard people in this list talks about that at least once. When you have that, you'll have to flash your phone in fastboot mode using --bootstrap and --recovery-image flag with ubuntu-device-flash. Beware that this will wipe all data on the phone.

Good luck,
Ratchanan Srirattanamet.