Re: Saving pictures from the phone

El día Monday, April 04, 2016 a las 10:51:38AM +0200, Michael Zanetti escribió:

> Hey all,
>
> so my wife finally got fed up with Mac OS changing iTune's complete
> visuals twice per month and deleting Applications like iPhoto without
> asking her and asked me to install Ubuntu. So far, most is fine except
> one thing:
>
> How do you guys copy the pictures you take with an Ubuntu Phone to an
> Ubuntu PC? I would've thought Shotwell is way to go there, but that
> seems to struggle so much with MTP that it falls flat as a viable
> option. Is there some setting I'm missing? Perhaps some good working
> replacement for Shotwell? I don't want to tell her to manually dig
> through the file system and manually figure which pictures were already
> backed up and which weren't.

run on the Ubuntu host something like this:

$ rsync -arv phablet@192.168.2.103:Pictures/com.ubuntu.camera  targetDirOnHost

on the first run it will copy all, on the 2nd only new pictures;

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Bundeswehr: Wir.Dienen.Deutschland. - Wir.Machen.Krieg.  (We.Serve.Germany. - We.Make.War.)