Re: Saving pictures from the phone

> On 4 Apr 2016, at 18:51 , Michael Zanetti <michael.zanetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hey all,
>
> so my wife finally got fed up with Mac OS changing iTune's complete
> visuals twice per month and deleting Applications like iPhoto without
> asking her and asked me to install Ubuntu

It’s amazing how quickly Apple have managed to go from the hallmark of excellence in UI design to something that’s just “meh”. iTunes is probably the prime example of this. It once was a really efficient and usable interface that allowed me to slice and dice the 25000+ titles in my media collection with ease. These days, I get continuously annoyed at how I can’t find the stuff I’m interested in for all the visual garbage it insists on throwing at me. Where I used to be able to see lots of detail about 50 or so things at once and find things quickly by scrolling a little bit, I now get maybe 15 things with no detail whatsoever, but lots of large pictures I couldn’t care less about.

My web banking interface has gone the same way. Until recently, I had a nice table on screen that allowed me to see lots of transactions at once, with lots of detail, lots of accounts at once, lots of payment receivers at once, etc. Now, I get something that looks like a phone interface, and only eight or so things fit on the screen at a time. Just so it looks more “modern”. Eight things on a 30” screen is pretty good, wouldn’t you say? Especially if it is eight pictures that look like credit cards, five of them identical except for a few digits… :(

Michi.