Camera access and camera / video image in webbrowser

Hi all,

thanks for OTA-10, has (sort of) fixed some things for me. Most
importantly the camera access in the webapp-container, which is now
available.

Unfortunately, the changes has introduced at least one new bugs in
both the webbrowser-app and the webapp-container: (documented for the
appear.in app at [1])

- The video image is mirrored for some reason (at least on my bq E5).
This seems to be a general problem of the changes introduced to the
webbrowser-app.

[1] https://github.com/bittner/appear-in/issues/1#issuecomment-206779226

This also could mean that WebRTC is generally broken in the
webbrowser-app showing a mirrored camera image instead of a regular
one (as before OTA-10). Is this bug tracked already on LP?

Please note that camera selection in webapp-container is also still
missing in OTA-10, which is a critical feature WebRTC powered webapps.
I hope this really really comes to the platform with OTA-11. Sweet
video calling in an app may be something people on Ubuntu Touch may
have been waiting for (and who cares if it's not Skype when it works
better anyway).

Peter

Follow ups