Re: Camera access and camera / video image in webbrowser

On 07/04/16 17:03, Alan Bell wrote:

> On 07/04/16 15:38, Michał Sawicz wrote:
>> W dniu 07.04.2016 o 16:30, Chris Coulson pisze:
>>> This isn't a bug. The mirroring is done by appear.in with "transform:
>>> rotateY(180deg)" on the video element style. This is common for video
>>> conferencing sites which assume that the camera being used is a front
>>> facing camera, where mirroring is desirable.
>> Also note this only happens in what you see (basically so it looks like
>> a mirror for you - easier on the brain) - the remote end sees it without
>> mirroring.
>>

> dunno about you, but I am fairly sure that being upside down is not
> easier on my brain.
>
> https://webrtc.github.io/samples/src/content/devices/input-output/
>
> looks like it now enumerates the cameras, but only actually works with
> the default camera set in the browser settings. The rear camera is OK,
> front camera is upside down.
>
> Alan.

Hi,

Which device do you see this with?

I should point out that the preview orientation will only work correctly
in the primary orientations (portrait or landscape) because of
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1535820 - ie, an inverted preview in
inverted-portrait or inverted-landscape is currently expected because of
a platform limitation.

Still, what you describe does not sound expected.

Thanks,
- Chris