Re: Camera access and camera / video image in webbrowser

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Peter Bittner <peter.bittner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> What does that mean? There is no plan to offer (useable) WebRTC
> implementation in webapp-container ever?
>

> With your reference to the the web API you basically say the only way
> is to implement things ourselves using JavaScript, correct? We cannot
> easily integrate existing services that already have a substantial
> user base, and a working, well-tested infrastructure?

no, we are indeed working on improving the support in the container
for WebRTC related use cases, e.g.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webbrowser-app/+bug/1563398

(to be noted that it will not solve all the use cases, but it will ease up
the process),

we are also discussing how to integrate webapp specific settings from the UI
perspective to possibly tweak th default, but the additional support
provided by

https://bugs.launchpad.net/oxide/+bug/1554603

will be enough to make switching from front & back cameras from the
application
itself work, since AFAIK appear.in handles the switch directly in-app w/o
external
settings support,