Re: Freedom Box and Syncing

I like snappy ubuntu (from the little I have learned)

I like porta-box things, though I've heard that some boxes are 'more
free' than others but that's not a focused discussion for this email list.

I like how amazing owncloud works...

Based on everything here, it would seem logical to have, and in order of
priority:

a) carddav/cal dav

b) have owncloud client working and working awesome on ubuntu phone

c) have a safe 'porta-box' running ubuntu snappy and owncloud

'a' will solve everyone's calendar and contacts (including those who
wish to have their calendars and contacts pillaged by google)
'b' will solve all the backup and file sharing needs of the current
world (and do other cool things, too)
'c' will make everything awesomely private and portable

and all of this also convergence-ready so you don't have to change much
when that occurs in full.

thanks for the crash course as well, everyone.  Exciting times.

--
Sincerely,

Wayne Taylor
Realtor

------------

Keller Williams Black Diamond Realty
Suite 252 - 5489 Byrne Road
Burnaby, BC, V5J 3J1

c: 778-846-7357
o: 604-880-6000
e: wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.waynetaylor.ca

++++IMPORTANT+++++++++++

"This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately."