Re: changing the time

Hi Alan,

I tried reproducing your problem but did not succeed, although I'm on
rc-proposed channel, r308 (which is past OTA10).

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 12:09 PM, Alan Bell <alanbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My phone displays the time an hour out on the lockscreen and notification
> bar. It is a production BQ 4.5 phone, and I am using it in the UK where
> Canonical are based, so this isn't a weird edge case situation at all. I
> have reflashed it altogether, and upgraded yesterday to OTA-10. It has a
> read only filesystem.
> If I go to time and date, and try to change my timezone it shows
> Europe/London UTC+1 and below it shows the correct time ticking away with
> BST at the end of it.
> If I try to change the timezone I get the daft list of cities, selecting
> them now highlights them in blue rather than orange, but I can't choose any
> of them. I have zero clue where there might be any indication of an error
> log to look for.

After I tap on a city, the city is selected and I'm brought back to the
selected.

> /etc/timezone is set to Europe/London
>
> phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ cat /etc/timezone
> Europe/London
>
> it looks like this:
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~alanbell/phone/timezone.jpg
>
> what is going on??

Maybe it's a bug that got fixed after OTA10?
Would you mind filing a bug, just in case?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+filebug

Cheers,
Andrea