Re: method satellite in sensor status

On 08/04/16 16:16, Cesar Herrera wrote:
I think it is used satellite. But it shoudn't be compulsory connect to Nokia HERE and accept their conditions to use GPS.
Cheers,
Cesar

so, SensorsStatus is a third party thing, which is why I couldn't find it on launchpad, here is the relevant code

https://github.com/yohanboniface/SensorsStatus/blob/master/SensorsStatus.qml

it is looking at the Qt function geoposition.positioningMethod and is getting a response equal to the constant value PositionSource.SatellitePositioningMethod so displays Satellite as the method. The Qt subsystem thinks that it is getting a position from the sky. I am not so sure. I think location services might be just telling Qt that it has a satellite position even though it has no clue where it is, and no intention of bothering to find out unless something subscribes to movement updates. It even keeps saying that it will get it from Satellite when I turn off GPS in battery settings and in location settings.

there is this bit of QML as well
                        PositionSource {
                            id: geoposition
                            active: true
                            updateInterval: 1000
                        }

which I suspect means that when this tab of the QML deck of tabs is on top then it will subscribe to updates. As far as I can tell the sleepyphone stops doing this when that tab isn't on top, or sensorstatus isn't the currently focussed application.

Alan.