Landing team 11.04.16

Hello everyone,

The security hotfix OTA (codenamed OTA-10.1) is now rolling to all of
our users (using the phased updates mechanism) - in a few hours everyone
should see the update notification. As soon as the security-related
issue got detected we have made some precautions on the store-side to
make sure everyone is safe, giving us time to prepare and push out the
hotfix release during a work-day (meaning: today).

Another two good news bits today. First of all, we found the issue
causing some of the annoying translation bugs in OTA-10 [1]. The fix is
now live on langpack-o-matic so the next translation export should give
us the right translation contents. This is one candidate for the nearest
hotfix release we're considering. We're also looking for other potential
fixes - but more on that soon.
The second thing, also related, is that we should have more languages
updated in the next touch release - of course those that have sufficient
translation coverage. The bug preventing some from getting included has
been fixed and live now on rc-proposed.

Landing wise not much movement today, but we expect most of the OTA-11
features landing in the nearest week. We'll be much more strict with the
feature-freeze and final-freeze dates this time to make sure we don't
have so many last-minute landings as during OTA-10.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/langpack-o-matic/+bug/1567377

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#310 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/310.commitlog

#304 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/304.commitlog

#303 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/303.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

None.

* Blocking issues (devel):

** devel-proposed - android lxc container fails to start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551150

* Issues in need of attention:

** Manually installed apps removed by new system image
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1558032

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak