Re: Very new to Ubuntu phone ...

On 15/04/16 12:56, Michael Zanetti wrote:
Connecting the device to USB will give you MTP which indeed only exposes
the Home folder excluding hidden folders. However, you can, if you want
a terminal, enable Developer Mode in System-Settings -> About this
device which will enable you to connect through adb or ssh to the phone.
If you are using an Ubuntu Laptop/PC, install the package
"phablet-tools" which will offer you a "phablet-shell" command.
Well, it worked OK, but it doesn't allow me to do anything I couldn't do over the USB connection before. It's the file browser that's the real problem. That, and my inability to get the terminal app. I've got the source code for that, but can't work out how to use it. It's in the form of 16 Python files. I'll download the API and see if I can get that to work, and do the same with the file manager. The code for that is in qml. Seems a lot easier to understand.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,        Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/