Re: POC: Recycling ListView items

On 18/04/2016 15:08, Michael Zanetti wrote:
> On 18.04.2016 13:57, Andrea Bernabei wrote:
>> in that case reusing the delegates could work better than recreating
>> them like ListView does.
>>
>> If I'm wrong and ListView already reuses delegates instances, then my
>> points above are of course void.
>
> AFAIK I think too that the ListView does not reuse them but instead
> always destroys/creates them when they leave/enter the cacheBuffer zone.

I believe you are both right, there's no delegate recycling. I found an
old discussion about it, and why recycling might not bring many benefits
after all:

http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qt-qml/2011-February/002284.html

Though indeed, it would be cool if someone would actually try
implementing recycling and then profile the results. At least in the
simplest cases, I would expect it to make a difference.

Ciao,
  Alberto