Re: The one simple fix that make the Ubuntu Phone incredible

Le 19/04/2016 16:42, Stephen M. Webb a écrit :
Don't forget, you *can* see the background you've chosen when you plug in a monitor.  Trying to shoehorn a converged
Ubuntu into the Android interface model is no better than trying to mimic Microsoft Windows accurately.  Those are
great OSes with nice interfaces for what they do, but neither are convergent and neither are better than Ubuntu,
they're only different.  Embrace the difference.
Well I'm not saying they are (or aren't)! Still, I don't think the white background is Ubuntu's main differenciation. The interface would basically be the same if scopes were some sort of overlay with some degree of transparency over the background, just like the Unity7 Dash is, and a bit like the Unity8 home/lock screen is. But I guess it was abandonned for a reason, might be harder to read, and you probably wouldn't want a completely blurred background anyway.

So again, I like it the way it is now and I'm sure I'll like it even more when I see the desktop mode (still waiting for my shipment notification from the pre-sales…). My remark on white was more of a general remark, not particularly about scopes. And that is not differenciation since it follows the general minimalistic trend (I don't know why exactly but I loved the old switch button!)

Guillaume

- -- Stephen M. Webb <stephen@xxxxxxxxxx>
https://launchpad.net/~bregma