Re: The one simple fix that make the Ubuntu Phone incredible

* Tony Scott <tonys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> An interesting suggestion - any views?
>
> http://www.techrepublic.com/article/the-one-simple-fix-that-make-the-ubuntu-phone-incredible/

It does seem like an awfully big hole in the Ubuntu Touch feature
set.  On Android I can fit virtually everything I use onto one
screen, styled how I like, including app launchers, specific
documents or shortcuts, interactive widgets, auto-updating data
widgets, phone status indicators/controls, etc.  I can group and
arrange these according to whatever criteria I think is relevant,
so the things I use together are organized together.  To access
similar functions in Ubuntu Touch I have to use a dozen different
scopes and apps, and some functions aren't available at all.

It would be nice if the user could easily create their own "home"
screen (or screens) containing the things they use, organized
however they like.

The other inconvenience I run into a lot is the need to use both
hands (or risk dropping the phone) to reach the back button.
Anything we touch that often should probably be on the bottom
edge somewhere.

-- Selene