Re: Why native Canonical browser and firefox?

Hi

On Sun 24-Apr-2016 at 01:26:16PM +0200, Filip Dorosz
wrote:

> Firefox is quite good example, it is heavy and while
> porting it would be possible I believe it would not
> suite small screen, would drain battery quickly etc.

I have two Nexus 4's, one running Cyanogenmod and one
running Ubuntu Touch and Firefox and Orfox run really well
on Cyanogenmod and while there are not as many plugins
available as for the desktop version there are some really
good ones like uMatrix and you can tweak lots of things
that there is no UI for via about:config (for example
setting a socks proxy).

So for me the screen size and hardware are not issues --
if I could run Firefox on Ubuntu Touch I'd seriously
consider ditching Android.

All the best

Chris

--