Re: Why native Canonical browser and firefox?

Well there were two available starting point, Firefox or Chromium. They
picked Chromium. I am not sure how easy that decision was, but it doesn't
strike me that Firefox/gecko would have been faster to wrap in a QML UI
than Chromium/webkit

On Sunday, April 24, 2016, Krzysztof Tataradziński <ktatar156@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hello,
> For some time bothers me one topic. I'm not a programmer, so maybe answer
to my question is obvious. In UT we have browser app created by Canonical
team, yes? It's done almost from scratch and providing basic features. When
UT was starting, why programmers team doesn't decide to, instead of
creating new one, simply port ie. Firefox to fit UT?
> Does porting Firefox would consume less resources that creating new
browser?
> It's general question for me - why there are many apps created again,
istead of making some ports of existing apps?