Re: [tablet] confused after connecting M10 to monitor via HDMI.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
> Am Montag, den 25.04.2016, 16:22 +0200 schrieb Alexey Balmashnov:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Got HDMI-micro-HDMI cable and connected M10 FHD to ASUS PA246Q monior.
> >

> > Observed:
> > * Looks like unity session got restarted killing all running apps,
> > without actually entering desktop mode
> > * Saw for a shot while notification that I am welcome to use tablet as
> > touchpad to control pointer
> > * Monitor is active and shows black screen
> > * Everything is back to be dsiplayed on the tablet screen
> >

> > I am really confused now. How system should actually behave?
> it should just switch over, keeping all your apps running (it does so
> for me here when i attach it to my TV) ... sounds like a bug to me, are
> you already on the latest OTA ?

Yes, as far as I can tell, I am on the latest OTA. OTA 10.1 is reported in
settings/about.

Actually, after connecting keyboard/mouse (this got device into desktop
mode) and disconnecting/connecting HDMI cable again there was yet another
session restart, and I have image displayed on the monitor... Woohaa. Nice!

So it looks like this behavior is not normal. Shall I file a bug? Against
which component?

Another thing: I expected that monitor would be determined and its native
1920x1200 resolutions will be used. Actually, I've opted for FHD device due
to this. But monitor reports running at 1080p. Is this yet another bug?

Cheers,
Alexey