Landing team 28.04.16

Hello everyone,

Only two landings happening today, both with general bugfixes: a new
webbrowser-app and oxide-qt. The oxide one is important in such way that
it fixes our last emulator blocker as already mentioned in the previous
landing e-mail. We will be looking into emulator promotion soon.

But we have a few exciting silos staged on the QA queue right now. The
new mir with some of the performance fixes, a new UITK, a new Unity8
(with shell rotation etc.), ubuntu-app-launch with features for
launching libertine apps directly from unity8 and more. We hope to have
those landed by the end of this week.
In the meantime a our developers are constantly working on finding
possible causes for other various performance issues, with an overall
goal of speeding up the system in various places.

With the loads of work on various fronts and the OTA-11 release nearing
by, it seems unlikely for us to be able to release a hotfix update
in-between. All the prepared fixes will be made available with the
update in a few weeks time anyway.

Just remember that anyone with programming experience can help in Ubuntu
Touch development. Just reach out to our development teams and start
poking on the code. Help is more than welcome!

Cheers!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#321 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/321.commitlog

#315 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/315.commitlog

#313 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/313.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

None.

* Blocking issues (devel):

** devel-proposed - android lxc container fails to start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551150

* Issues in need of attention:

None.

Best regards,