M10 Libertine

Hi,

I realized that when I have for instance gedit open and then run (in an
ssh shell)

$ DISPLAY=:0 libertine-launch puritine matchbox-keyboard

I get a useful onscreen keyboard for gedit.

Libertine uses the matchbox-window-manager, so instead of launching a
specific
programm i thought it would be cool to launch the matchbox-desktop

With the following steps you get a kind of desktop
http://radamanthys.de/public/screenshot20160428_171820149.png

from where you can start your programms
http://radamanthys.de/public/screenshot20160428_165342133.png
http://radamanthys.de/public/screenshot20160428_172200314.png

I created a desktop entry puritine_myxinit_0.0.desktop

$ cat /home/phablet/.local/share/applications/puritine_myxinit_0.0.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=0myxinit
Exec=/bin/true
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
#Icon=/home/phablet/icons/green.svg
Keywords=Libertine
NotShowIn=Unity;
X-Ubuntu-Touch=true
X-Ubuntu-XMir-Enable=true

Then I created the applications dir inside the container

$ mkdir
/home/phablet/.local/share/libertine-container/user-data/puritine/.local/share/applications

and there the desktop entry myxinit.desktop

$ cat
/home/phablet/.local/share/libertine-container/user-data/puritine/.local/share/applications/myxinit.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Name=MyXinit
#GenericName=Terminal
Exec=/home/phablet/myxinit
Terminal=false
Type=Application
#Encoding=UTF-8
Icon=xterm-color
Categories=System;TerminalEmulator;Utility;
X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.22

And in the home directory of the container the script myxinit

$ cat
/home/phablet/.local/share/libertine-container/user-data/puritine/myxinit
#!/bin/bash

sleep 1   # it's needed, dont know why

matchbox-keyboard &
#matchbox-panel &

exec matchbox-desktop
#exec matchbox-session

$ chmod 775
/home/phablet/.local/share/libertine-container/user-data/puritine/myxinit

matchbox-session adds the matchbox-panel to the gui, which is more or
less useless

Libertine launches matchbox-window-manager with no titlebar. With the
titlebar on the other hand you get a small button to switch between
running apllications.

If you've done the previous steps not in puritine but in yourcontainer,
you can do

$ cd /home/phablet/.cache/libertine-container/yourcontainer/rootfs/usr/bin
$ mv matchbox-window-manager matchbox-window-manager-original

create a executable script with

$ cat matchbox-window-manager
#!/bin/bash

exec matchbox-window-manager-original

#setxkbmap -layout de
#exec awesome
#exec openbox

What are the reasons to run each programm with it's own Xmir-server, in
it's own confinement?
What do I have to do to just start a Xmir-Server?

Cheers

Christian

Follow ups