Re: Porting a GNUstep application to the M10

hi,
On Do, 2016-05-12 at 16:17 -0500, Dale Amon wrote:
> I'll be digging for the reason for this, but just in case you
> have seen things like this before:
>
> 		:
> 	<LOTS OF PACKAGES CONFIGURED>
> 		:
> 		:
> I: Configuring init...
> W: Failure while configuring required packages.
> W: See /root/.cache/libertine-
> container/puritine2/rootfs/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details
> (possibly the package systemd is at fault)
> I: Unpacking the base system...
> W: Failure trying to run: chroot /root/.cache/libertine-
> container/puritine2/rootfs dpkg --force-overwrite --force-confold --
> skip-same-version --install
> W: See /root/.cache/libertine-
> container/puritine2/rootfs/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details
> (possibly the package systemd is at fault)
> Fixing chroot symlinks...
> Updating chroot's sources.list entries...
> Updating the contents of the container after creation...
> /usr/sbin/chroot: failed to run command -F�/usr/bin/apt�: No such
> file or directory-A
> /usr/sbin/chroot: failed to run command -F�/usr/bin/apt�: No such
> file or directory-A
> /usr/sbin/chroot: failed to run command -F�/usr/bin/apt�: No such
> file or directory-A
> Installing Matchbox as the Xmir window manager...
> /usr/sbin/chroot: failed to run command -F�/usr/bin/apt�: No such
> file or directory-A

did you install the initial OTA upgrade after firstly booting the
device ? there might have been some fixes in there (specifically some
fixes to the security behaviour of the terminal app) ... also, i'm not
sure how well running it as root is supported at all ... have you tried
it as the default user instead yet ?

the overhead you were worried about above will mainly be diskspace, the
libertine window that is used is then essentially just another Mir
surface, there wont be much runtime overhead  ...

ciao
	oli