Re: Removing email accounts in Dekko

Although it looks slick, I have been wanting to mention that this
right-slide to remove is (as illustrated by Gareth's question) not always
very discoverable or intuitive, and sometimes just annoying. It is one of
the few design parts that has never completely grown on me. I am not sure
if it is included in the first-run tutorial atm. Even so: 2 things seem to
bug me most:

1. it can appear virtualy anywhere that is listview-ish, and therefore
undiscoverable. (see Gareth's question)

2. in other instances, it just gets triggered to easily when you dont want
it.
This is mostly the case where the listitems cover the entire screen and
where the app also needs a lot of vertical swiping.
My best example is Telegram, which I use lots. I seem to inadvertantly
trigger the remove-swipe when my vertical swipe goes just a bit sideways,
revealing the bin (or the context info on the other side). It just happens
too many times. Is that just me?

Something that may remedy this is having another component available and on
par with the right-swipe that does make use of a telling icon and not a
swipe. For use in above situations.
 IIRC There used to be other options in design guidelines in the early days
but lately i see every app using the right-swipe-to-remove exclusively.

Having an (system)setting to de/increase the sensitivity of the right/left
swipe action in a listview may also be an option but I expect a lot harder
to make work

Maybe someone has other ideas to improve this?

Cheers,

Mat