Re: Store username/password

On 19/05/2016 23:27, Rutger Hendriks wrote:
> Well, as you might have guessed, my app will be the only one to use the
> account. Now what is the preferred way to store my account settings? I
> guess it needs to be somewhat secure... Wouldn't want anyone to read
> it... but then again, that might be step 2..

If this service is indeed not popular, and if it's very unlikely that
the user will want to install also another application which uses it,
then indeed there is little sense in using Online Accounts here.

Just store the password somewhere under ~/.config/. Note that other apps
can't read your app's data, so the only risk here is if the user loses
his phone or if it gets stolen. At some point we will get full disk
encryption, and that will make all user data more secure while being
totally transparent to apps.

Ciao,
  Alberto