unable to unlock SIM card - known issue?

Hi folks,

Today I applied the latest system update on my krillin running on
rc-proposed. This triggered a reboot, and then I got the screen
prompting my SIM pin number. So far so good.

Then by accident instead of entering the pin I swiped leftwards and
the pin screen was dismissed, replaced by the lock screen. I entered
my 4-digit passcode to unlock the device, opened the indicators to
verify that the SIM card was still locked, and tapped the button to
unlock it. Nothing happened. Tried again several times, nothing. Went
to system settings, tapped the button to unlock the SIM card, nothing
either.

Unfortunately I was in a hurry, not near a computer and badly needed
to make a phone call, so I couldn’t debug the issue further, and opted
for simply rebooting the device.

Is that a known issue? If not I’ll see if I can reliably reproduce,
and will file a bug.

Cheers,

 Olivier

Follow ups