Re: Heads up! When using AdaptivePageLayout, make sure your Page has a PageHeader.

On 05/20/2016 01:14 PM, Tim Peeters wrote:
The stable release is 1.2, which does not break API or behavior.

OK. This should be somehow communicated to developers.
Now if one goes to
  https://developer.ubuntu.com/api/qml/
and wants to develop using a stable version, one would see that 15.04.5 is marked as in development, and therefore fallback on the "current" 15.04.4 version, which one would assume (wrongly!) to be the stable one.

But browsing through that documentation, it would seem that the stable one is 15.04 (with no dot versions). Maybe we should append "stable" next to that, rename "current" to "devel" and remove 15.04.5 which AFAIK has not been released yet?

If we only ask people to use 1.3 only after it is marked as stable, we
would have to mark it stable without having a lot of testing of actual
apps with it, so I do not think that is a good idea. Also apps need
components like APL now, and we cannot let them wait until all the
features for convergence are 100% ready (and tested in actual apps)
before they are allowed to use 1.3.

Not really. Despite all the criticism, I think you guys are doing an excellent job in defining APIs and components, especially given that you are doing that while designs and requirements are often changing.

I think you can confidently release 1.3 in its current form as "stable", and not touch it anymore apart from fixing really critical bugs. You make new changes to 1.4, but without releasing it until you are happy with it. And once you release it, it becomes the stable release.

This is what most other projects with stable API promises do, like all the QML modules shipped with Qt; I don't see why you couldn't follow the same model.

Ciao,
  Alberto