Re: Heads up! When using AdaptivePageLayout, make sure your Page has a PageHeader.

Hi Zsombor,
  I'll just focus on the essential issue and try to get to a
constructive suggestion:

On 21/05/2016 23:18, Zsombor Egri wrote:
> No, it wouldn't. Because once we open 1.4, people will jump on it,
> because some features they need will be available only in 1.4, and in
> case we have to drop some support like now in one of the components, we
> will have this conversation again, and again, and again...

That's the core of the problem: you must make all efforts so that people
don't start using development versions *without knowing that they are
under development* (emphasis on the essential part).

At least for the core apps, it certainly makes sense to use the very
latest development version of the toolkit, and breakages are not an
issue: all of these developers are either paid or anyway happy to work
on improving these apps, and having to update them to follow the UITK
developments is not a problem.

However, you must have a clear contract with third party developers,
where you tell them which versions of the toolkit are considered stable,
and never touch them in a way that could break any apps.
Then, developers who want to use the latest features can use the
unstable version, but then it must be a conscious decision and not
happen accidentally.

So, regardless of the versioning scheme you choose, my recommendation is:

1) emit a qWarning() when one imports the development version of the
toolkit;
2) fix developer.ubuntu.com, because now it's telling everyone to use
1.3, without any warnings of potential issues.

Ciao,
  Alberto