Printing from ubuntu-phablet... again

Hi All.

Some time ago this mail-exchange took place on this forum;

1. Email;

Hi all.

I just want to know if printing from phone and tablet is in progress and
if; how far is it from being implemented ?

Tom
2. Email;

It is in progress, the core parts are working but we are waiting for UI
design and implementation so still a ways out.

Pat
3. Email;

Pat McGowan wrote on 07/05/16 19:14:

> It is in progress, the core parts are working but we are waiting
> for UI design and implementation so still a ways out.

The UI design for printing has been done since February 2014, with
changes only to notifications and error design since then.
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Printing?action=diff&rev2=31&rev1=25>

If you really are waiting for UI design, please let me know why.

Thanks
- --
mpt

Now I would like to know IF anything useful has happened since then
(like the coding guys and the design guys starting to cooperate) ?

Tom.

Follow ups