Re: [Re-devel] Fwd: Re: sip softphone

Could be a problem with sample rates or sample format. I poked around a bit
and it seems that the phone or tablet has a really complicated setup of
ALSA. Some of the magic may be happening inside the android container and
there may be hardware acceleration for encoding/decoding for different
codecs in the chipset. You can see the available ALSA devices with aplay
-lL, arecord -lL, amixer. There are more than twenty devices for playback.
And umpteen switches and parameters in the mixer. Without expert advice
this will be difficult to tackle. On the pulseaudio side things look more
straightforward. "pactl list short sinks" lists only two devices, a default
one and one probably for bluetooth. At the moment your chain is something
like ALSA default  => pulseaudio => ALSA => HAL => Hardware. Your program
talks to ALSA where the default devices are defined as pulseaudio.
Pulseaudio has the  modules  module-droid-discover and module-droid-card-22
loaded which presumably talk to drivers within the android container (pactl
list modules). The drivers in the android container are ALSA (kernel and/or
userspace) modules talking to android's hardware abstraction layer (HAL).
Lots of possibilities for things to go wrong in the chain.

Anyhow, I guess you could use pavucontrol to see whether baresip actually
uses pulseaudio (indirectly, via ALSA defaults) and if so you should be
able to attach a recording software to pulseaudio to record incoming and
outgoing audio streams. For example, I am streaming from the phone's
pulseaudio to a raspberry pulseaudio which has been patched to stream to
airplay speakers. Now any sound output on the phone it is relayed to the
airplay speakers.