Re: (no subject)

On 05/31/2016 11:43 AM, Marcos Alonso wrote:
But I have a bq e5 and I have just understood from previous mails that
will not be the case...

Is there any good reason why this will not be implemented on bq terminals?

Yes. Because it depends on both hardware and driver support, and the implementation has to be built on top.

So first, the developers are working to implement the feature, make it reliable and stable, and then test it. By focusing on just one hardware platform, they can focus their energy on getting it working in the first place.

Then, once the feature exists and works well, they can begin to investigate whether it's even *possible* on other kernels and hardware. That will be extra work for each combination, although it might be easier on some than on others. This has been discussed on on the list before. :)

But remember, your phone was sold to you with the promise that it does not connect to external screens. It's always important to buy devices and software for the features they have today, not on promises of features that might be to come. (This is advice I've always given to my clients.)

The good news is that last I heard, adding support looks hopeful. But they'll find out when they start on that journey.

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/