Re: OTA 11 doesn't appear to install (probably)

Hi,

On 2 June 2016 at 11:23, Alan Bell <alanbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The phone hides information from users because it is a consumer device, but
> that means I have no clue how my phone works, which I don't like much. I
> have absolutely no idea what I can do to find out why my phone didn't apply
> this update, or how to go through the update process from the command line.
> Should I keep retrying the cycle of reboots? Do I need to reflash the phone
> completely?

The command line tool is "system-image-cli" and can be run with
"--help" to find out the options. "-n" is a good one (with sudo) for
doing a dry run upgrade.

system-image-cli --info will tell you what channel and version you're on.

The downloads are done by ubuntu-download-manager which has logs in
/var/log/ubuntu-download-manager - which may reveal some information?

Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering and Services
+44 (0) 7973 620 164
alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://ubuntu.com/