Re: OTA 11 doesn't appear to install (probably)

El día Thursday, June 02, 2016 a las 11:23:19AM +0100, Alan Bell escribió:

> I got offered version 33 this morning, downloaded it and it went through
> the install process, rebooted and it was still on 10.1 and offered me
> version 33 which didn't need to download, it went through the install
> process, rebooted and was on 10.1 and it offers me version 33 . . .
>
> The phone hides information from users because it is a consumer device,
> but that means I have no clue how my phone works, which I don't like
> much. I have absolutely no idea what I can do to find out why my phone
> didn't apply this update, or how to go through the update process from
> the command line. Should I keep retrying the cycle of reboots? Do I need
> to reflash the phone completely?

I got the update around last midnight and installed it right a way. It
shows here OTA-11 now. Thanks for the hatd work of all.

Despite of this, the install changed. While until OTA-10.1 the download
progress occured inside the System Settings dialog, and one could stop
and restart it, it says now only 'install' and this brings up the orange
colored page with the word Ubuntu and a small line to show the progress
of download(!), more like an iPhone :-(

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
"Die Verkaufsschlager des Buchmarkts geben Auskunft über den Zustand einer Gesellschaft bzw.