App store purchase not working

I've purchased the "Cut the Rope" US$2.99 app and received a email from
paypal saying the transaction was successful, but the app never
downloaded.  This is a strange situation where I've paid for an app but
download has failed.  What is supposed to happen from here?  If I have a
problem with an app purchase what do I do?  Where do I go for help?
There is no clear path for what to do in this situation.  If I click on
the buy button again the purchase fails using paypal with a 508 Bad
Gateway page and locks up the scopes.  Where is customer service for app
store purchases?
~Will Atwood