Re: Video chat app

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Wayne Ward <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anybody got any video chat app working on ubuntu touch, either phone or
> tablet ?
> Like to be able to talk to kids when in spain but don't want to lug the
> nexus 7, I've tried all the facebook messengers and appear in but camera
> wont rotate on tablet... Any body got any appear at all even through adding
> a puritine app ?

Hi Wayne,

I'm not sure X11 apps can exploit hw accelerated codecs yet, so not sure
how a videocalling app would work on that.
Although I heard WebRTC based services should work quite well.
What do you mean by "the camera won't rotate" ? Would you mind filing a bug
against oxide so that the developers can investigate your usecase?

Was thinking if I use facebook video through firefox will that have access
> to the camera and audio even Or anybody tried skype..
> Telegram would be great with video.... I see they are getting voice
> messages soon, but video would be the icing on the cake to me.

Please have a look at
https://telegram.org/faq#q-can-i-make-calls-or-video-calls-via-telegram

> Any thoughts appreciated...
>
> Wayne