Re: will the browser icon get changed at any point?

On 2016-06-08 23:00, Joseph Liau wrote:
On 2016-06-08 09:50 AM, Alan Bell wrote:
For some reason the webbrowser-app started using and is still using a
north east pointing orange/white/grey compass on a blue world map
background, it looks like this http://www.tmfile.com/mark/?q=850198578
and it really really shouldn't. You can't pick your family but you can
pick your enemies and this is *far* from being a sensible enemy to
choose.

This has been reported some time ago,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webbrowser-app/+bug/1505970
and I even offered a merge request with a more ubuntuish icon as a
suggested alternative, although I am fine with the design team
actually drawing something else original and on-brand.

Alan.

I agree. The current icon gave me a negative feeling from the beginning.
Something new would be great.

I've never liked it either. It's never symbolized web-browsing for me, having said that though I've no experience of Apple products. I did give my bq4.5 to an avid Apple user the other day while we were on break to see what he thought of it, and he really liked the interface, thought it was way better than Android, but interestingly enough, he didn't recognize the web browser icon, he thought it was a clock app or something!