Re: Music app ignores files on SD card

Hi Jeroen,

On 12 June 2016 at 12:25, Jeroen Hoek <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am trying to get the Music app to read the music files on the SD card,
> but it is ignoring them completely.
>
> What I have tried:
>
> * Symlink the directory with music files on the SD card from ~/Music
> * Mount --bind the  directory with music files on the SD card to
> ~/Music/SD_Music

Mediascanner is the process which 'finds' and indexes all the audio
and video files on your device. Music only plays the files
mediascanner has discovered.

I'd look on your phone in ~/.cache/upstart for mediascanner-2.0.log
(and logrotated compressed files of similar names) to see what it did
when it found those files. I think it only looks in certain places, so
won't find music mounted in places it's not expecting.

Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering and Services
+44 (0) 7973 620 164
alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://ubuntu.com/