Re: Music app ignores files on SD card

Hi Alan,

On 12-06-16 13:56, Alan Pope wrote:
> Mediascanner is the process which 'finds' and indexes all the audio
> and video files on your device. Music only plays the files
> mediascanner has discovered.
>
> I'd look on your phone in ~/.cache/upstart for mediascanner-2.0.log
> (and logrotated compressed files of similar names) to see what it did
> when it found those files. I think it only looks in certain places, so
> won't find music mounted in places it's not expecting.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the Mediascanner. Killing the
running instance of mediascanner seems to work. The newly respawned
instance does scan all music.

Strange though, I can't find anything amiss in the log that may have
caused it to hang.

--
Kind regards,

Jeroen Hoek
GPG: 44D4 1D39 535A 1F9A 9509  92C5 A7A8 B913 D40D D022