Re: Fame via Ubuntu and intriguing design choices

On 16-06-16 01:49 PM, mark wrote:
> Completely off-topic of course, but Holmes' Law shows that, for a right-handed person (i.e. 90% of the population) the
> cursor falls to the right hand side of the desktop most of the time. I would have thought the docker and the windows
> buttons would therefore be closer for the vast majority of people, if they were on the right hand side.

If you spent a lot of time opening the dash to launch apps, that would make sense.  As it is, the more-frequently-used
right side can be where your more-frequent application interactions can take place instead, and you can just throw your
pointer against the left and top edge to find the less-frequently-used Dash button.  Or move your thumb down to the
bottom of the screen.

Theory is great and all, but they way it works right now feels good.  I like feeling good.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>