Re: Porting ubuntu touch: flashing system.img

Hi,
Which device do you try to port?
Are you aware of https://ubports.com?

Maybe Marius Gripsgård could help you since he ported a few devices.

On Σάββατο, 18 Ιουνίου 2016 9:04:45 Μ.Μ. EEST, Panagiotis - Dimitris Antoniadis <eotakos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone,

following the "porting to a new device" guide,
I have managed to compile the code and i have the boot.imp, recovery.imp,
system.img
At this point the guide gets a little fuzzy. First of, it says to do

$ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

and then
$ fastboot boot out/target/product/mako/recovery.img .

The second fastboot call is mentioned as part of the steps needed
to flash the ubuntu image using rootstock. As I saw in launchpad,
rootstock is discontinued, and alternative candidates are qemu-debootstrap
and live-build.

Can someone clarify what are the steps to flash system.img and why it can't
be done by pushing the file on the device with heimdall?

Also, am I supposed to flash the images as they are on a device that
ubuntu touch has not been ported before? Or am I doing it wrong?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Panagiotis

--