Re: Using system-image-cli failing

On 15 Jul 2016 11:11 am, "Oliver Grawert" <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
> Am Freitag, den 15.07.2016, 11:07 +0100 schrieb Alan Pope:
> > Hi
> > In theory one should be able to flash a specific build of Ubuntu on a
> > device in the terminal with system-image-cli -b [buildno]. I tried
> > this today on my pro 5 and it fails. I typed this:
> > sudo system-image-cli -b 134 -v
> > Here's the output:-
> > http://termbin.com/yhrm
> > Am I doing it wrong? Is this a bug?
>
> i dont think you can actually roll back ... (snappy will fix that
> (ha!))
> what you can do is switch to stable though ... (which enforces -b0 and
> triggers a full image install)

That makes no sense. Why would it be possible to go back to an old image
with full flash on channel change, but not go back with a full flash
without a channel change.

I expect what would work is to full flash twice, once back to stable and a
second forward to rc-proposed specifying image number?

I guess I don't see what technically would stop you going to any of the
previously released images within your channel as a full flash given you
can from a PC with u-d-f. Seems a needless omission, and a useful debug and
'get out of jail' feature.

I suppose most developers just plug a cable in and use u-d-f, but when you
have no PC nearby it's not an option.

Al.