Re: Using system-image-cli failing

hi,
Am Freitag, den 15.07.2016, 11:24 +0100 schrieb Alan Pope:
> On 15 Jul 2016 11:11 am, "Oliver Grawert" <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Am I doing it wrong? Is this a bug?
> >
> > i dont think you can actually roll back ... (snappy will fix that
> > (ha!))
> > what you can do is switch to stable though ... (which enforces -b0
> and
> > triggers a full image install)
> >
> That makes no sense. Why would it be possible to go back to an old
> image with full flash on channel change, but not go back with a full
> flash without a channel change.

this is delta vs full image ...
there is no concept of unapplying deltas in system-image, they are just
accumulatively going forward ...
so a switch works (because it reinstalls a full image without touching
userdata) but reverting a delta doesnt because the code for that only
knows how to unpack the delta tarball on top of an existing image.

ciao
	oli