Re: great disappointment with my tablet

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 11:50:53 +0100
Barry Drake <b.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi ....  Why?  Well, when I first got my phone, the terminal from the
> Ubuntu store was broken.  I grabbed the code, built it and installed
> it on the phone.  No problem.after reporting this on this list, I
> left it there.  The terminal in the store is still broken, a year
> later, and Ubuntu no longer allows me to install my own stuff on my
> own phone or tablet.
>
> Some weeks ago, I built a sip-phone - Twinkle.  I submitted it,
> untested because it is no longer allowed, and so far, have heard
> nothing!  The policy on not allowing installation is surely against
> one of Ubuntu's prime claims.  Why on earth has it been put in place
> is such an arbitrary manner?  And why has nobody ported apport to the
> phone/tablet? I could probably do it myself  ......  but .....
>
> My apologies if this seems to be turning into a rant.
>
> Kind regards,		Barry.

Apport is on the phone, you need to turn it on in system settings.

The terminal works fine but I guess it depends how you are trying to
bastardise your system with it that will make it work or not work for
you.

Oh and I installed it from the store when I read your mail to be sure.

Where did you submit your app too? What do you mean you submitted an
app untested, it is allowed you'll probably find it just didn't work
because your app failed the tests and so is in manual review? The
emails from the store should of told you that.

--
You Make It, I'll Break It!

I Love My Job :)

http://www.canonical.com