great disappointment with my tablet

Hi .... Why? Well, when I first got my phone, the terminal from the Ubuntu store was broken. I grabbed the code, built it and installed it on the phone. No problem.after reporting this on this list, I left it there. The terminal in the store is still broken, a year later, and Ubuntu no longer allows me to install my own stuff on my own phone or tablet.

Some weeks ago, I built a sip-phone - Twinkle. I submitted it, untested because it is no longer allowed, and so far, have heard nothing! The policy on not allowing installation is surely against one of Ubuntu's prime claims. Why on earth has it been put in place is such an arbitrary manner? And why has nobody ported apport to the phone/tablet? I could probably do it myself ...... but .....

My apologies if this seems to be turning into a rant.

Kind regards,		Barry.
--
http://www.barrydrake.tk/

Follow ups