Re: GPS (still) not working since OTA-11

On 29/07/2016 14:34, Vincas Dargis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With OTA-11 I completely lost GPS fixes (Sesnors app, uNav, HERE...).
> OTA-12 has same problem. I have bug [1] reported, some logs attached,
> though I do not know what could I do more to troubleshoot it. I had some
> issues with OTA-10, maybe enabling rw mode for debugging made it worse?

I'll have a look at the bug, and continue the conversation there. But
no, I doubt that enabling rw mode can have any negative effects on the
location service.

> Also, /var/log/ubuntu-location-service* is missing, which is noted in
> location test plan wiki [2]. Is this because wiki is out of date?

Probably; the log files are now written under
/var/log/upstart/ubuntu-location-service.log

> Maybe reflashing might help? Is there a way to reflash OTA-12 without
> losing /home/phablet contents?

/home/phablet is not wiped during a reflash, unless you explicitly use
the --wipe or --bootstrap options of ubuntu-device-flash. If you don't
your data should be safe.

Ciao,
  Alberto