E4.5 bricked, won't boot

Hello everyone,

Today my bq 4.5 has decided to get bricked. I told it it probably wasn't a good time to do that, since the people who would be able to help me were more likely to be on summer vacation than, say, in October, but it was already bricked so it didn't care.

I didn't do anything in particular. I had left it on a table and when I tried turning the screen on, it would not do anything. I tried to plug it, and the phone behaves exactly how it behaves normally when you plug it and it's off: white bq screen, then the battery animation. The battery isn't empty since it shows 44%.

However, when I try long pressing the power button, plugged or not, the screen just flashes once, then nothing, then it flashes again (every 3 seconds as long as I keep pressing the power button). I can't get past it, I don't even get the white bq screen.

So I tried to enter the boot mode screen, which works. But none of the options do anything (recovery, fastboot, normal boot). Every time I select one option and press "OK" (volume down) the screen turns off and nothing happens. Not even the flicker I mentioned while pressing the power button.

I'm more of an enthusiast than a power user, so I'm not sure what to do. Since the boot options don't work at all, I suppose something is wrong with the hardware? But I wanted to check this with you before turning to bq.

I tried searching the Internet and even the mailing list (which, by the way, is not very convenient to browse in the archives since there's no "search" button, so my apologies if a solution has already been posted here), but could not find anything that fits my problem.

I should also mention that the phone was upgraded to OTA-12 and that I've never made it writeable. The worse I did was enabling the developer mode to install custom webapps that would interest nobody but me, but that was a while ago.

Aaand this phone is my daily driver, so any help would be really, really appreciated.

Thanks!

Guillaume

Follow ups