Re: E4.5 bricked, won't boot

Le 02/08/2016 à 21:17, Guillaume F a écrit :
However, when I try long pressing the power button, plugged or not, the screen just flashes once, then nothing, then it flashes again (every 3 seconds as long as I keep pressing the power button). I can't get past it, I don't even get the white bq screen.

So I tried to enter the boot mode screen, which works. But none of the options do anything (recovery, fastboot, normal boot). Every time I select one option and press "OK" (volume down) the screen turns off and nothing happens. Not even the flicker I mentioned while pressing the power button.

Another element I've just noticed that might or might not be intersting:

When I leave the "select boot mode" screen active and don't do anything about it, the screen turns off after a time. And after that, the phone becomes a full non-flickering brick: the power button doesn't do anything and I can't access the boot mode screen anymore.

It returns to its "normal" behaviour (that of a flickering brick) after I plug it back and make a boot attempt. During this, I see a screen I've never seen before, a still picture with a battery and an hourglass. Now that I think of it, I think when I first discovered that the phone had a problem, it was in this state (the power button doing nothing at all).

I don't know if this new piece of information is of any use, but anyway…

Guillaume