Telegram notifications delayed on cellular data

I noticed for last one week or so Telegram notifications arriving very late (by around 30 minutes to 1 hour) on 3G. On Wi-Fi it seems to work as before (it takes 2-4 minutes usually while in deep sleep, but this was present before). Anyone else seeing this? I'm not really sure whether the problem is with my service provider. I don't face any significant slowness/connection drop etc. while browsing websites, on facebook etc.
My device is E5, OTA-12, stable channel.
With regards,
Anupam

Follow ups