Re: Landing team 19.08.16

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 11:11 PM, Lukasz Zemczak
<lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So a few minutes after me sending this daily e-mail Qt5 finally moved
> from the -proposed pocked in yakkety and most of our touch packages
> migrated! Thanks to this we can now resume normal CI Train landings.

Almost everything should be now back to normal. The transition became
painful once the GCC6 and glibc 2.24 appeared together with other
moving parts, finally involving even the kernel. Because of
interdependencies all needed to transition together or nothing did,
which is why it took so long and needed many people.

Packages stuck in yakkkety-proposed were not the only problem, so the
upstart dependency issues on s390x are still seen. And if there hasn't
been a landing of some component in a few weeks, there may be unfixed
GCC6 (https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html) or glibc 2.24 issues.
I have had a fix pending for a GCC6 powerpc (32-bit) linker issue with
Qt applications which I'll land now that the transition is over.

Thanks for your patience.

-Timo