Re: shiping more ubuntu touch phoes

Hi Nathan,

Canonical has *very* little to do with this.  Everything is up to OEMs and
carriers.  So you'll need to rely on Bq or Meizu for any kind of definitive
information.

I know that that is the official response when pppl ask about a possible
new device on the cards. And I appreciate that such an announcement would
certainly be up to oems.
But if a device is actualy *not* being worked on (anymore) by Canonical,
Why shouldnt that be ok for Canonical to say so? Just like I would expect
Canonical to be in a position to confirm it is NOT currently developing an
Ubuntu edition of say a Lumia 640.

i am of course refering to the vanishing Midori images. Also, at least some
of the buzz of months past about the MX6 must have originated from
Canonical sources ;) But we have seen no more news or hints for months now.
So if the MX6 is -for some reason- no more, it would be cool -and really
practical info for me and a lot of others- if that could be confirmed.

cheers

Mathijs

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Nicholas Thurel <nicholas.thurel@xxxxxxxxx