Re: Video stops recording when low battery popup displays

Marcin,

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Marcin Wójcik <masheleni@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was recording a video last night when the battery got pretty low, which
> caused the low battery notification to pop up. This in turn, stopped the
> video recording. I had to continue recording once I dismissed the
> notification.
>
> I am aware that video recording halts upon switching to another
> application, but it seems to halt whenever the focus is lost. I did not
> expect recording to stop simply because the battery is getting low.
>
> Has a bug been logged for this before?

Not explicitly for what you describe. There are two similar bugs [1] and
[2]. Feel free to submit a bug against media-hub [3]. This will be a design
decision for the functionality. Currently the behavior is what was designed
for. But I personally agree it shouldn't pause when you get to that low
battery point. Thanks for the bug report when you get to filing one.

> Kind Regards,
> Marcin Wójcik

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/media-hub/+bug/1381923
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/media-hub/+bug/1412810