Re: Wi-Fi and VPN problems

On 09/07/2016 07:27 AM, Hasan Yeylaqi wrote:
Hi Andrea, thanks for the link.

But about VPN connectivity... still I can't connect to the VPN through
PPTP, changing password did not help.

* I using Google Public DNS on my router and all devices are online with
the same VPN.

* VPN disconnected after 4-5 minutes. also *ping* command don't receive
any responds during VPN connected.

Unfortunately, PPTP isn't supported which is why system settings doesn't offer it as a choice in the manual VPN configuration 'Type' menu. Currently only OpenVPN is supported.

There's an open bug specifically for PPTP support, however it has yet to be prioritized for an OTA release:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551823

Regards,
/tony